Coloma, WI is located in the Coloma Township of Waushara County on State Highway 21 right by the I-39 / 51 interstate. The town is relatively small with a couple gas stations and small business but features Coloma Park with a playground and regular events including the annual Chicken Chew! Around the town are several recreational lakes including Wood, Pleasant and Mecan Lake which is the head waters for Mecan River, a well-known Trout Stream.
Just a little to the west is an Amish Community that offers a Fresh Bakery, fresh picked Organic Vegetables, Greenhouses, Store and more… Surrounding most of Mecan Lake is a large parcel of public land which is closed part of the year for Waterfowl protection. The area consists of rolling terrain with small hills and valleys, wooded land including oaks and pines with farms and farmland mixed in.
Richford is a little little town use a couple minutes east of Coloma off of State Hwy 21 on Cty B were the famous Ice Age Trail runs through along the Mecan River.
Nearby Villages, Towns and Cities
- Grand Marsh
- Waushara County, Coloma Township
- General Size of Village – Around 500 people
- Area Lakes – Wood, Pleasant, Mecan, Bing, School Section, Lawrence, Harris Pond, Crystal, Turtle, Imm and Mecan River ( Trout Stream )
- Area Terrain – Mostly gentle Rolling with a mix of Woodlands, Farms and Farm Fields.
- Area Code - 715
- Zip Code - 54930
- State Highway - 21
- County Road - CH
- Interstate – I39 / 51
- Main Area Features (Farming, Small Businesses, Recreational Lakes, Amish Community…)
- School District – Westfield
- Classified as a Village.
- History – Founded in 1858 by John Drake
Nearby WI Public Land
- Mecan Springs State Natural Area – Waterfowl Protection (Close Parts of the Year)
- Greenwood State Wildlife Refuge
- Central Wisconsin Grasslands Conservation Wildlife Area
- Remnant Carter Creek
- Lunch Creek Wetlands State Natural Area
- Leaola March State Wildlife Area with Big Roche-A-Cri Trout Stream
- Roche-A-Cri State Park featuring Roche-A-Cri Mound
- Lawerence Creek State Fish and Wildlife Area
- Germania Marsh State Wildlife Area
- Colburn Wildlife Area
Cabins & Homes for Sale in Coloma Township
Acreage & Land for Sale in Coloma Township